United Way for Greater Austin continues our Family Volunteer Series with a Family Friendly Volunteer Event to celebrate Spring and complete projects designed to benefit Early Childhood Education in the Austin Community.
This will be a great opportunity to share the love of volunteering, working together with families and community partners to have fun and make a difference! Projects will include creating materials for UWATX's Play to Learn Parent Education Curriculum, creating gifts and supplies for Early Childhood Education classrooms and centers, and preparing educational materials to be distributed to parents and other caregivers throughout Austin! Projects are designed to be accessible for all ages, and we are very excited to be including this family friendly activity as a part of our Annual Spring Day of Caring!
UWATX's Family Volunteer Series is open to children of all ages. Children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times. Light snacks will be provided!
Why volunteer as a family?
- Sharing meaningful experiences as a family strengthens family bonds.
- Volunteering empowers family members to become leaders in their communities.
- Family members learn about their community and meet people from diverse backgrounds.
- Children learn compassion, empathy, and the importance of giving back.
- Volunteering makes families healthier and happy: adults who volunteer have lower stress levels than those that don’t and kids who volunteer are less likely to smoke or abuse drugs or alcohol.